Finally got my dream loach!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I went to a large pet store while at the beach and asked if they carried hillstream loaches and was told no. While browsing the store guess what I run across, my dream fish that I have been after for two years Sewellia Lineolata, mislabeled as pleco (sp)...LOL...Anywho after showing off my considerable knowledge and pointing out to the store mgr that they were mislabeled I am now the proud owner of two these little guys. They are not real fond of the camera right now so this is about as good a pic as I can get.

1191.JPG 1193.JPG 1194.JPG

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
not uncommon. they dont get them in as hillstream loach so they dont know better.
I just would have thought better of this place. Just goes to show no matter how delicious the stock that still doesn't mean the people know what they are talking about...LOL

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
same goes for people, no matter what they have in their tanks still doesn't mean they know what they're talking about

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Nice find. It's similar around here. They arn't rare, but nobody knows about them if you ask for a "Hillstream Loach". Asking for a "Butterfly Pleco" gets much better results (which is stranger, considering the common name is already taken by an actual pleco).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store