New to the central :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SeeBee

AC Members
Jun 16, 2011
:)Hi there. I am new here. I am just starting the hobby. I have just started out this past saturday with a 3 gallon aqua 360. A cheapy at walmart that changes colors. it is aerated with a bottom gravel filtration system (i know it doesnt really filter much other than trap poopy in gravel). So the pet store sold me 6 zebra danios... I have had them since monday. the water has cleared up considerably and they are doing well. The more research I do I am finding out that I need to upgrade them to a 10 gallon tank because they are fast swimmers and 3 gallons is way to small for them.

So.... my questions are::confused:

1. I am feeding every 3rd day... enough?

2. Should I change 30% water weekly? the new water I put in - should i put safe start in it to condition it?:help:

3. Should I take 3 of the little guys back to the pet shop and keep 3 to cycle my tank for now? then upgrade my tank to a 10 gallon and get more and or what I really want?

Your wisdom is greatly appreciated.:thm: sorry for such a long post. I really want this to work out. I am loving this hobby. I have lots, orchids and gardening top my list too.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

SeeBee

AC Members
Jun 16, 2011
*reply to Mgamer20o0

Thanks... is prime the name of a water conditioner?
I actually used Tetra Aqua (the brand) BettaSafe to condition the water to start with. I have a Betta fish and thats what I use for his water.
Is that what I should use to condition the new water from the tap when I put water back into the tank during a change?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store