Going to test the Dr. Tim's One and Only bacteria on a new tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
I have been very curious since seeing a video by Mr. Saltwater Tank. He interviewed Dr. Tim about his product that several public aquariums have used. I have seen lots of people going back and forth about if it works or not. What I haven't seen is someone indicating that the public aquariums did not use his product or a scientist debunk his work in a public journal, since Dr. Tim claims to have publisehed his results in those journals. I have done lots of searching on the internet for that info so if anyone has that, it would great to see.

What I am going to do is this...

Stuff I have...
Use my old T5 lights - hoping to get some LEDs soon for my 29 gallon tank :)
Eshopps nano overflow
My old 10 gallon sump
My old stand
My old 40 gallon sized filter
My old Aquatic Life mini skimmer
My old powerhead pump

Stuff I need to get...
20 gallon long
20 pounds of dry rock from BRS
20 pounds of aragonite sand
Dr. Tim's stuff
Flixible hose for overflow and return
PVC for return
Heater

Not sure what I will keep in the tank... open to suggestions :)

And of course I'm going to have to talk the wife into having another tank!!! :evil_lol:. She does know that someday soon when I get more experienced at saltwater that I want a nice big tank for the livingroom... we both want to keep Tangs, but.... another small tank???? Going to take some sweet talking... lol... Stay tuned!!!!

B

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Sounds good. Maybe a species tank? Clowns and a nice nem?

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
Well, I have the tank from Petco on sale! Also, have sand. I have ordered dry rock from BRS and I have ordered the Dr. Tim "One and Only".

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Man you move quick! So the Petco sale is going now?!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store