55g african cichlid tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I just broke up and stacked all the slate today. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. Eventually I plan on getting some anubias, java moss and ferns and planting through the rocks a bit.
IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
looks good! Do your cichs splash? I get so tired of wiping down the front of my tank because my fish always splash the front when i feed them. Also a background would look awsome perhaps pure black or maybe a planted one? great job though. Perhaps you could drape java moss down from the slate that would look awsome and im shure the cichlids would love it.

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I plan on putting black backgrounds on all of my tanks when I move them in september. As far as splashing I haven't had any problems with that yet, but boy are they energetic eaters.

I've decided that I like the formation for the most part but the top left section is bugging me a bit so I'm gonna mess around with it tomorrow a little. Java moss and anubias are definites. I haven't had much luck with java fern in the past but I may give it one more try.

Belltrain

AC Members
Nov 11, 2010
Loma Linda, CA
Real Name
Austin
You should grow a huge patch on your window seal then when you know the pattern you want. Take it down and rebuild it putting pieces of java moss in all the cracks, and putting the slate ontop to hold them

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I'm pretty happy with most of it, I think it just needs a little bit of fiddling around, and there are a lot of cracks that I can wedge the moss into so I don't think its gonna be too big of a problem.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store