Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Tabi Underwood
    Last Activity
    09-11-2012 5:18 PM
    Blog Entries
    thanks that helps me a lot. I also have that filter, I didnt think about covering it with rocks lol.
    Goofy gurl with fish.
    I also breed hedgehogs

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Shayna
    Last Activity
    10-16-2013 2:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TabisFish View Post
    thanks that helps me a lot. I also have that filter, I didnt think about covering it with rocks lol.
    Glad to help. Yeah anything I put in my tanks that doesn't look natural, I'm always looking for a way to hide it. Hope you get you some skippers! They're lots of fun!

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    04-01-2014 7:34 PM
    Blog Entries
    i hear they like to climb the glass but i only saw one on the glass (hanging out)

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Shayna
    Last Activity
    Quote Originally Posted by Fractalis View Post
    i hear they like to climb the glass but i only saw one on the glass (hanging out)
    Yeah, they climb the glass a lot. It's not uncommon for two or three to be stuck on the glass at a time. Some like hanging out on the glass more than others. They'll use their tail to push them and scoot further and further up toward the top. On a shorter tank they would easily reach the top. They usually only go about half way up the glass on my tank, but sometimes 3/4 of the way to the top. I keep a lid on it all the time! It's cute to see them use their little spring loaded tails to leap from a rock to the glass and stick. Reminds me of what people do with trampolines and velcro!

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Tobias
    Last Activity
    07-04-2011 12:58 AM
    They only get one baby black cricket every few days, I supplement with flake, which oddly enough they're quite happy with. No problems as of yet with the diet, I would be more than happy to incorporate more food types but either my LFS doesn't sell what's best for them or they're extortionate about it, from week to week. Just feed what I can, really.
    My Mudskipper Pictures and my Mudskipper article

Freshwater Planted Community - 90L (19G)
    Brackish Mudskipper tank - 58L (12G)
    Empty - 58L (12G)

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Shayna
    Last Activity
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalmainia View Post
    They only get one baby black cricket every few days, I supplement with flake, which oddly enough they're quite happy with. No problems as of yet with the diet, I would be more than happy to incorporate more food types but either my LFS doesn't sell what's best for them or they're extortionate about it, from week to week. Just feed what I can, really.
    I give mine little soggy piles of flakes every now and then too and they like it. Not as much as bloodworms, but they aren't the type to reject a meal! lol
    I advise against feeding crickets, but you have African skippers, and those are bigger, so a little cricket probably isn't as much of a blockage risk for them. I'm glad they're doing really well for you. You may want to consider going to the grocery store and buying shrimp or clams and chopping it up into little pieces for your skippers if the LFS isn't a good resource. You'll have to keep us all updated on how they continue to do, I know they're skinny little guys and you've been working hard to plump them up. They'll thank you for that!
    While we're on the topic of feeding, I'm actually uploading a video of my mudskippers gobbling up some food. They're so crazy hyper when I first feed them. I'll post the video here when it's ready to share with everyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information