neolamprologus brichardi with neolamprologus multifasciatus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
my LFS just got in some brichardi and i was wondering if 1 would work in my 20 gallon long multi tank. there are currently 6 multies in there, (i believe 3M 3F tho im not 100 percent sure) I could put all the shells on one half of the tank and make some rockwork on the other half. they are not breeding yet but im hopping they will sometime in the future.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
While the Brichardi is small when young will be harassed by the Multi's but when the Brichardi is big the Multi's will more than likely be killed and the true magic of Multi's with their colony style of breeding will not be viewed.. I would not do it just sayin..

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
ok so definitely a no on the brichardi. anyone know a good fish that would go well with multies in a tank this size? the multies are great but i would like something else as a centerpcie of sorts.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
not much else. You may get away with a smaller julidochromis species if you can make room for a large pile of rocks on one end but again you would have to sacrifice shell space for the multis. That in turn would mean you would need to be diligent removing fry meaning you again lose the colonizing effect if the multis. Six adult multis probably would take up a good portion of the tank anyways and I wouldn't go with more than a trio if you were to add something else.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I agree with the others. I wouldn't add any fish.

Mark

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
Your tank is way to small to add anything.. Enjoy what you have.. or get a much larger tank to enjoy multiple colonies in the same tank.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
If you really want to see the multies breeding and making a nice colony of different generations living together, please do not add any other fish in that tank. That tank's space is limited; you may have problems with 2 colonies of different species in there.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Imagine Mom, dad, big brother, sister and several generations as much as 7 generations plus the other fry from the brothers and sisters a complete harem living in a tank in a family harem you plop a different specie of fish that may eat all the fry and younger siblings or a complete reverse where the colony decides they want to pack up and target the intruder that for the life of it can not get away so it pines away in a corner or the top of the tank, maybe the intruder stays at the top corner til it comes down with a disease from stress and all of the sudden your whole colony is wiped out due to a disease explosion.. The site of a majestic family harem is a site to behold and is so fascinating I really wouldn't do it..

I had several 20gal longs at one time in my hobby and i had a tank full of Multi's at one time and the aggression that these tiny gangsters have is amazing.. Good luck my friend..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store