29g planted pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
Heres an overall tank shot, more to come.
Oh, and ignore the breeding net, its temporary.
IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0586.JPG

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
What's the light, axelrod? Make & model and where'd you get it? I have a 29g and it is lit up for about the top 2 inches of the tank. (I would grumble about worthless walmart junk but considering I got the whole setup for $40 off craigslist that would be ungrateful.)

looking desperately for a light that will light up all the way to the bottom, and it would appear that you have got that exact thing. Beautiful tank, and will only get better as those plants fill in. Which they will in short order on account of they have LIGHT. :)

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
What's the light, axelrod? Make & model and where'd you get it? I have a 29g and it is lit up for about the top 2 inches of the tank. (I would grumble about worthless walmart junk but considering I got the whole setup for $40 off craigslist that would be ungrateful.)

looking desperately for a light that will light up all the way to the bottom, and it would appear that you have got that exact thing. Beautiful tank, and will only get better as those plants fill in. Which they will in short order on account of they have LIGHT. :)
The fixture I have is a coralife t5ho
heres an amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/Aqualight-Dua...R2GO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309910869&sr=8-1

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
I actually decided tonight that I don't completely like the layout so sometime in the next two weeks I will be relocating a few plants and redoing a little bit of the tank. Most of the plants I have grow tall and I will be trying to mix it up and get a more visually appealing look to the tank.
If anyone wants to offer up a suggestion in the meantime feel free.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
It's a good start but try planting the stems more randomly. In the pics they look very regularly placed and you don't find plants in nature that look like rows of corn. I tend to plant stems in small bunches. I would also go for a short foreground plant, like crypt parva.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice tank.

axelrod12

AC Members
Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Real Name
Greg
Rescape

Well, I waited some time, got a nutrafin co2 kit which i'll be mixing yeast and sugar in instead of the nutrafin co2 packet things, got some new plants, and did a complete rescape. So here it is, let me know what you think and any suggestions are as always welcome, please be honest. If its still too uniform please tell me, my mind tends to think that way.
PICT0029.JPG

PICT0029.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store