i'm a fish grandma!! :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
hey all!

well, as i was breaking down and draining one of my 55's to get it ready to sell i notice some little dark thing flitting about in the water........ i have baby plecos!

i do feel bad because i didn't notice the babies until the tank was about 1/4 full, so i think a few may have gone down the drain :( but i did manage to save 4 of them. they are so darn cute! i knew my bristlenose pleco pair were breeding, but i didn't think any babies would survive because the tank had rainbows and barbs in it until recently, and those fish would have made easy snacks out of not even 1/4 inch long baby bn's. heck, i didn't even have a snug cave in there for daddy to tend to the eggs, lol.

they are now happily blipping about the 20 long, munching away at all the itty bitty goodies on the wood and the plants. :)

so yay! i'm a fish grandma! (again, that is - had perugiae limia babies before too).

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Congrats!

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
it was a very nice surprise! i'm happy and sad about selling this one 55 gallon, i hate to see it go, but i know deep in my heart i don't have the desire to keep up 3 tanks right now, and this 55 was getting the short end of the stick when it comes to maintenance lately, so i finally (been deciding since March/April!) posted it for sale and i have somebody coming tonight to pick it up. could really use the money too, so that softens the pain of letting it go some. and if i hadn't broken the tank down, i wouldn't have known about the babies until they were bigger! :)

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
Yay for BFM!!! Congratulations, Granny. (I know the feeling. My baby Honey Gouramis -- only 2 survived -- are about 1 1/2 months old now and very, very lively!)

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
Let's see some pictures of the babies!
they are so tiny, and are in a tank that is quite the jungle with plants and a good size piece of mopani, so i couldn't get a picture even if i had a 10000x zoom lense! lol.

elsiear

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
Congrats!
I was surprised to find a baby x-ray tetra when I recently changed my substrate. I am a little curious about his brothers/sisters because I found him after I removed the plants and the tank was about 1/3 full. :(
He's a lucky little one and still going strong!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store