ever break a rod?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bassasin

AC Members
Jul 8, 2011
just got back from surfcasting gooseberry neck. I snapped my 12' shakespear in half just from casting!!!!! If thats not bad enough some guy 20 yards from me got a nice black bass right after.........:swear: ah well. Still a beautiful day and my daughters first trip to the ocean. guess I'll lay of the wheaties next time.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Can't say I've ever broken one during a cast, but I sure have done a ton of other things! Sorry to hear it.

Hope you still had fun with the daughter!

Bassasin

AC Members
Jul 8, 2011
AHAHAHA that video was awesome! yeah my daughter thought the snapping rod was hillarious :) Don't know whats up the last couple days, but I just got back from fishing an estuary not far from here. JUST spooled my reel, went to cast out my brand new dieng minnow crankbait, and BAM! I hit the bridge 6' to my right causing those new sharp hooks to cut the line and creating the worst birdsnest Ive ever seen! so my first 15 mins there was trying to straighten out my reel and decide if I should risk the current to get me lure:lol: This can be a dangerous hobby!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Sometimes retrieving that lure ain't worth the cost to replace it. Only you know if it is. If I don't have to pick out at least one birds nest on an outing it just isn't complete, LOL GRRRRRRRRRrrrrr. Have to say that bait-casters are the only way to go in fast water.

I've had a lot of success on those Storm soft lures. Expensive but effective.

Happy Fishing!

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
great video, Zig. I think I've seen all those on his show.

Bassassin, I've busted rods just about any way you can, including casting...sucks but it happens

Mark

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
great video, Zig. I think I've seen all those on his show.

Bassassin, I've busted rods just about any way you can, including casting...sucks but it happens

Mark
Because he hasn't learned to not to try casting while still in the car...............................

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store