I love my bio cube but.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
I love my 29g bio cube, but reading all the 40 breeder build threads got to me. So we took advantage of the PetCo dollar per gallon sale and snagged the last 40b they had in stock.

I will post pics as soon as I get some. I have done some basic scaping with dry rock got it filled and added argonite sand. The sand bed is deeper than I wanted so will be removing some of it.

I am waiting for my t5 ho light fixture to arrive, but that's o.k. I just put the raw shrimp in today to start cycling so I have time.

I blame all you 40 breeder owners for doing this to me. (lol)

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
pics,

full tank

full tank.jpg

closer view of rock work

rock work.jpg

view from top

top view.jpg

sorry for quality of pics they were taken with iphone

full tank.jpg rock work.jpg top view.jpg

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Looks like a great start, Wiz!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
:evil_lol:

Nice scape!

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Thanks, I am currently using a hob until I can calculate how to plumb a sump. The tank sits on a credenza so the sump will have to sit under the corner tank next to it. Return pump will need to push approximately 4 ft horizontal and 4 ft vertical.

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Thanks, I really like the footprint it has. I love the biocube but it really limits you on aquascaping for a reef set up.

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
7 days into the cycle and ammonia is less than.25. Nitrites are 1.0 and nitrates at 10.

So far it is looking very good. can't wait for the light fixture to show up.

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
Nice! Are you going to move stuff from one tank, to another or start from scratch? Is it going to be softie, sps, lps or a garden type reef tank? I 2nd on the lighting type! I love build threads!:popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store