Re-Scape 125 gal Discus tank - Need some more input!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
Since my 125 is leaking, I am going to have to drain it, and completely re-seal it. which means I will be rescaping it also.

Looking for any pics or suggestions on new plants, arrancements, etc .

shrimpdrawer002.jpg

Last edited:

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
got a pic of what it looked like Before?

What did you like about it then, what did you dislike? Top to bottom: substrate material or color? Type/shape/habits/growth rate/color/maintenance needs/etc of plants? Appearance or function of hardware? Overall appearance?

When you look at other tanks what makes you go Ooooooooooo! and think evil envious thoughts?

Have you always deep down wanted a ceramic sunken ship with enclosed bubbler and just never had the nerve to put it in? At least a treasure chest? Be brave here.

The question, iow, is a tad open ended. Give us basic bottom line needs of discus and then we can tweak around the edges with suggestions. :)

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I agree, that wood seems to visually split the tank in half...another possibility would be to lie it on its side? I'd also personally add in more foreground plants for some variety. Wouldn't necessarily have to be something that carpets but something like crypts would look good.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I think a 3D background would look amazing. They are pricey on a tank this size, but you're very handy...maybe DIY?

Your tank just screams out:

londonloco

AC Members
Oct 15, 2009
+4 on that large piece of driftwood, which draws my eye to it and takes away from the rest of the tank. If it will fit, I'd turn it on it's side, angle it off a corner, and plant around/in it. Tie some anubius to it. JMHO....

I'd like a better pic of the tank on bottom....

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
i agree a 3D background like that one would look sweeeeeet but the tank looks awesome just as it is now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store