My new Project... 125 gallons of excitement

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mancas24

AC Members
Sep 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
Real Name
Manolo
Hey guys i will try to keep you all posted on this tank but it is really late, so my first post will be a bit short, but i wanted to get this up tonight. I found this 125 for a really good deal and could not resist. I will be integrating all my freshwater planted tanks into this so I can start wetting my whiskers in some saltwater on the only other tank i plan on keeping my 46 bow. Unfortunately my extra funds are currently wrapped up so I am not sure what to do for the substrate on this tank. I would like to use pool filter sand since it is cheap and a very clean easy to maintenance sub. Only problem is that it will be my main planted tank and i am not sure how well it will do on such a large scale planted. I will be posting my current lighting and filtration (hopefully soon to be upgraded lighting and filtration) tomorrow. Anyway here is the one pic so far, though i got this yesterday, fueled by my buddy in the pictures enthusiasm and really high alcohol beers we began to consume we have already given the stand and doors and tank trim a thorough sanding and single coat of red mahogany stain. Keep ya updated! sorry bout the quick typing.

125 gallon01.jpg

125 gallon01.jpg

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
hiskers in some saltwater
a shame one can never have too many fw tanks....

Unfortunately my extra funds are currently wrapped up so I am not sure what to do for the substrate on this tank. I would like to use pool filter sand since it is cheap and a very clean easy to maintenance sub. Only problem is that it will be my main planted tank and i am not sure how well it will do on such a large scale planted.
it looks fine small or large. worst case is you hate it and ditch it but you wont be out too much.
we have already given the stand and doors and tank trim a thorough sanding and single coat of red mahogany stain.
the stand looks really nice already cant wait to see how it looks when its done.

mancas24

AC Members
Sep 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
Real Name
Manolo
a shame one can never have too many fw tanks....
it looks fine small or large. worst case is you hate it and ditch it but you wont be out too much.
the stand looks really nice already cant wait to see how it looks when its done.
I hear ya but i have been doing freshwater for so many years on so many levels, I think it may be time to try a reef. My buddy in the picture is an encyclopedia for saltwater and is already helping me out with the some good tips and ways to avoid newbie purchases.

yea i have good growth on my smaller pool filter sand tanks, but to do that much in eco complete on this tank is way more than i want to spend on sub for it. As for the stain, it was really hard to want want to put in the work since the tank and stand were virtually immaculate when purchased. But i just wanted a very showroom look from the tank and the clear coat pine was not giving it to me.

cockroach

AC Members
Feb 15, 2010
The Chungle Taiwan
Nice size tank. Go boy go!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice size tank to go planted!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Nice Deal;) Jealous:)

PLANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH discus or angels!
Good Luck:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store