I can never get any good pics...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
So I was determined to get at least a decent shot of my female betta, Medusa. She was a Petco betta and when I got her she was.... well ugly! I hoped she'd color up and boy, she did just that! She is in my 40 gallon vivarium with about 9 gallons of water. It is very soft water due to all the peat that was moved to the water by my frogs but she seems to like it. The water is tea colored and so the pics are a little dark but at least theyhave her in them!:lol:

She used to be with some guppies but she killed them all and she nipped at my frogs for awhile but now she doesn't seem to mind them. Anyway, that's how she got her name because if a guppy even looked at her she attacked it.

Without further adieu, Medusa:

Dark but shows how solid her coloration is.

She would flare at the camera but then just stare.

I think this one shows her colors best but she does have a lot of iridescence on her back and in her fins.

She got a little too close to the camera but I like the pic!

Well that's Medusa! She is a great fish with tons of personality! I would like to breed her but I can't find a male with good enough coloration so that may have to wait.

~Razz

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice bettta!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Thanks! She might be my favorite fish!

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
Beautiful female Betta -
I sure can understand your wanting to find an equally great-looking male for breeding purposes. But if you do find one, you certainly would get some superb offspring.
Good luck with her.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Thanks!

I was looking into this male:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwbettasd&1311231005
I love his color and in better lighting Medusa looks a lot like him but looking at his conformation, he has some issues. First being his hunchback then it doesn't seem like his color is uniform through his entire tail and his ventrals are poorly formed.

Maybe I'm being partial but IMO my female's only flaw is being a veil tail but I figure if I can compensate with a halfmoon or super delta I can at least get some delta offspring or if I get a nice crowntail I can get some combtails.

I know that the red in her fins would not qualify her for show breeding but personally I love the red with the blue and I cannot figure out why it's considered a flaw.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
beautiful betta! also a creative name!

and dont you hate when you cant get any good pics!?

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Thanks Mg trust me I've taken close to if not over 100!

beautiful betta! also a creative name!

and dont you hate when you cant get any good pics!?
Thanks!

Haha! Well if I'm gonna pay 30 bucks to ship the betta, it better be a good one!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
have you ever thought of breeding her with a king betta? mine looks alot like her. or can you even breed kings with small females?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store