Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Spencer
    Last Activity
    01-07-2014 1:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkertd View Post
    Moved!

joon is 100% correct. And the albinos are just the easiest cories to breed! Like rabbits! So once they are adult size, frozen bloodworms every day! They need that protein!

thx!

The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting different results.

-Anonymous

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    08-17-2013 12:01 PM
    I will try to find the article I followed again, but here is the jist of it.

2 males to 1 female is a good ratio.
    Feed them very well, or overfeed (like you can overfeed with those little hoovers)
    Do a good water change, and put in slightly cooler water. This mimics their natural habitat, where an influx of fresh rainwater during the rainy season signals them to start breeding.
    The female will like to lay her eggs in a spot with good water flow. Mine like the pennywort under the filter outflow. The moving water helps keep the eggs from getting gunky. Some people also put shrimp in the tank to keep the eggs clean.
    The cories will eat their own eggs. So either put them in a hatching tank and remove them when they are done, or give the eggs a couple hours to harden up and then you can move them (I use a soft toothbrush).
    The eggs should be in water just like what is in the breeding tank. So, the easiest way to raise the eggs is to put them in a breeder box in the tank so the other fish cant eat them. I have a net breeder that I hang inside the tank so it gets water flow through it, and put some java moss in it.
    The eggs take about a week to hatch. From what I can see, the fry are free-swimming within a day, but still stay on the bottom. Mine do fine on just flake food and detritus. I've never had to feed them a special diet.

If you follow the link in my sig you can see all my sterbai babies.
    Thread: Second-Hand Fish
    Current Tanks: 29g Community, 20g Cory baby, 5g Betta
    Bellingham Aquarium Society

I dont do Tuesdays. spencerguy1's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Spencer
    Last Activity
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyurae View Post
    I will try to find the article I followed again, but here is the jist of it.

2 males to 1 female is a good ratio.
    Feed them very well, or overfeed (like you can overfeed with those little hoovers)
    Do a good water change, and put in slightly cooler water. This mimics their natural habitat, where an influx of fresh rainwater during the rainy season signals them to start breeding.
    The female will like to lay her eggs in a spot with good water flow. Mine like the pennywort under the filter outflow. The moving water helps keep the eggs from getting gunky. Some people also put shrimp in the tank to keep the eggs clean.
    The cories will eat their own eggs. So either put them in a hatching tank and remove them when they are done, or give the eggs a couple hours to harden up and then you can move them (I use a soft toothbrush).
    The eggs should be in water just like what is in the breeding tank. So, the easiest way to raise the eggs is to put them in a breeder box in the tank so the other fish cant eat them. I have a net breeder that I hang inside the tank so it gets water flow through it, and put some java moss in it.
    The eggs take about a week to hatch. From what I can see, the fry are free-swimming within a day, but still stay on the bottom. Mine do fine on just flake food and detritus. I've never had to feed them a special diet.

If you follow the link in my sig you can see all my sterbai babies.
    wow, thanks for all the info. it was actually that thread of yours that got me interested in breeding mine!

The definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting different results.

-Anonymous

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    08-17-2013 12:01 PM
    Heres the info I found. I was lucky in that I didnt have to try to breed mine, I just kind of fell into it.

Sterba's Cory (Corydoras sterbai) - Seriously Fish
    Thread: Second-Hand Fish
    Current Tanks: 29g Community, 20g Cory baby, 5g Betta
    Bellingham Aquarium Society

I dont do Tuesdays. spencerguy1's Avatar
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Spencer
    Last Activity
    wow, thx! this is a tom of info!

-Anonymous

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    03-01-2014 9:23 PM
    Thanks for all of this info. I know mine are happy when the water level is lower and the powerheads do kind of a rain hitting the water affect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information