OK, I'm going pressurized.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AsahiToro

Fish Nazi
May 28, 2002
Lutz, Fl
The heck with it, I'm splurging. Where's the best place to get a dual guage regulator and needle valve these days? Is the econo model from Marine Monsters OK? Is thier customer service bad? I was thinking the econo dual guage and a 5lb tank from them for $175. Maybe I can find a used tank locally. I already have checkvalves, tubing and I difuse into my Eheim canister with my currrent DIY setup. I'll skip the solenoid and bubble counter. Would this be a good setup? Thanks,

Scott

AsahiToro

Fish Nazi
May 28, 2002
Lutz, Fl
Well doesn't Marine Depot offer the same regulator for only $10 more? I've dealt with them before and it was a good experience. Also, they have a free shipping promo now so that should make up for the $10 more. Any other $100 dual guage/needle valve setups to consider? Thanks,

Scott

Bremer

AC Members
Oct 3, 2000
Houston, Texas
After I ordered from Marine Monsters, I heard nothing for 2.5 months (including no response to multiple e-mails). Finally, they sent me an e-mail saying that Marine Depot was going to be handling their orders from now on.

I would be willing to give Marine Depot a try....but I had already ordered from somewhere else before finally hearing from Marine Monsters. Their customer service left a LOT to be desired.

AsahiToro

Fish Nazi
May 28, 2002
Lutz, Fl
Shift,

That looks like a nice setup. Did you get that on aquabid? The tanks from Marine Depot are only $75 and they're supposed to be a high quality tank. The only way I think I can save on that locally would be to find a decent used tank. A new tank and that econo dual regulator/needle valve for $175 shipped sounds like a good deal.

AsahiToro

Fish Nazi
May 28, 2002
Lutz, Fl
Thanks djlen,

That link is down now and I can't seem to get into the product part of the site. I have dealt with them before though when I bought a couple of dozen amano shrimp over the internet. They didn't ship the package out for a few days(until I called) and then they shipped it ground even though I paid for 2 day. Overall, I was happy though. The package arrived OK in about 6 days and they threw an extra shrimp in.

I found some regulators on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1922053961

Are these good? I can get a new aluminum 5lb tank and needle valve from Marine Depot for $95 shipped. That will give me a new setup around $140. Will I need a bubble counter?

Thanks again for the input everyone,

Scott

Shiftaltumlock

No mater where ya go, there ya are
Sep 4, 2001
Hurst, TX
shiftaltnumlock.cm.nu
Bubble Counter

I think they have a place in the planted Aquarium. It is a quick reference for me. It is not really needed, but nice to have. I check bubble rate every 4 or 5 days, and it is easy to open the door and take a quick glance at the counter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store