What to do with my new BN eggs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jessicaftw

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Oregon
Real Name
Jessica
To my lovely surprise, my albino BN pleco laid eggs and the male is over there already, fanning them. My question is, should I move the eggs? I have a ten gallon with shrimp in it, and I know that's rather small for all the plecos, but I just want the fry to have a successful start before being in the bigger tanks and before I give the rest away. I am so hesitant to move them. I have had a lot of success with all my snowball shrimp and my cory fry in the ten gallon, but these are my first BN pleco eggs. Thank you all for the help!!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
is it on a plant or rock? if so, move the decor into the 10 gal. if its not on decor, take a clean, soft, washcloth and gently brush the surface the eggs are on from the bottom up. then put the cloth in the 10 gal. once they hatch, you can sell some on here. :)

Jessicaftw

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Oregon
Real Name
Jessica
I wish, you wouldn't believe how they snuck behind my moss wall and laid them on the front bottom corner, I will try to scoot them out tomorrow :) Thank you, I took some pics but they are hard to see

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
who cares? blurry pics are better than no pics! :)

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
how are those hard to see? you should se mine... :(

:rofl:

Jessicaftw

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Oregon
Real Name
Jessica
I guess it's the shame of the naked moss wall the the skuzzy brown algae I cleaned off it lol.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
LOL

Jessicaftw

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Oregon
Real Name
Jessica
I didn't think they'd breed so soon, they're only 3.5 inches long, and I really did luck out buying a pair when they were half the size they are now.

I went and checked out how my tank was looking to turn the light off and he is still right on top of the eggs :). Hope he doesn't get too angry with me moving them and I wonder when the lady will lay more eggs.

I noticed their behavior was so strange when I was on the treadmill they were acting really odd and moving together, such a surprise!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
chances are theyll breed again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store