Please Help w/ disease ID

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

undertow

Factory sealed for your protection
Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas,NV
Visit site
Currently, I can't post pics of what this is. So for now I will give the best description I can.(might be able to get some up later today or tommorrow, I hope!)

It's on my female GT. It begins right below her gills and spreads from there to the anal hole. It appears as a light gray 'inflammation' that is surrounded by white. There is about 3-4 of these, and it's very odd cause a few days ago it looked pretty bad. Then the next day it appeared to be in regression. And now today it's back to it's original state, or so it would seem...

I know that pics will help a great deal in the identification of this disease. I have never seen a fish disease that seems to change it's shape so much... I can look at it one hour and the next it'll be totally different then it was!! Back and Forth, Back and Forth!!!

My guess is a fungal infection, but I don't know! Here's her water parameters-
Ph-7.8 Amm-0ppm Nitrite-0ppm

undertow

Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas,NV
Visit site
No, it's definetly not ich. There about a quarter to half inch in diameter. Seem to be light gray and are surrounded by a light white color. They also change there shape. It is very odd and confusing. The shape changes ALOT, as it seems to fade until it looks like it's almost gone, and then it flares up again. Very,very FRUSTRATING.

She still has a voracious appetite and demeanor. These 'spots' have me concerned though.....:confused: What the hell could this be?!?

undertow

Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas,NV
Visit site
Thanks so much, Cichlid Woman!! After looking at that site, I am pretty sure that it's true body fungus. But does anyone know if t/b fungus changes its shape the way I described before? I've been medicating w/
Kanacyn and it has just about recessed completely! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store