33 Gallon Long Planted Tank!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kevin2k11

AC Members
Jul 6, 2011
Hi and welcome to my 33 G long journal!

Tank size 12" x 48" x 12.5"

For the longest time I've wanted/loved long tanks so I upgraded my 20 G L into a 33 G L.... 48" footprint what more can you ask for?
If anyone is interested here is my lame 20GL that I got rid of awhile ago lol
http://gtaaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15584

Last few pics are current.. first few were few months - to - a year ago..
I am not sure what I am doing with the scape.. probably just a crazy jungle with lots of hiding spaces since it is a community tank.....

I did have much trouble with this tank as of how to scape it.. Stock/lighting/co2 etcetc... everything is still being worked on in time lol

Previous Spec :
1x 54W HO T5 10 000k bulb
DIY Co2 (1bottle)
2 Aqua Clear 30 Filters
150W Heater
EI dosing
Lights on about 10 hours a day.....

Current Spec:
1x 54W HO T5 10 000k bulb
1x 54W HO T5 6700k bulb
1 Aqua Clear 30 Filter (temp)
Eheim Ecco Pro 2336 Canister Filter
Pressurized Co2 1.5-2.5 BPS
EI dosing
Lights on about 11 hours a day....

Current Livestock :
3 SAE (giving away soon)
2 Vampire Shrimp
1 Flower Shrimp
8 Cardinal Tetras
10 White Clouds
3 Galaxy Rasboras (adding more soon..)
3 Kuhli Loaches (still deciding to keep or not)
1 Striped Nerite snail (yes I am crazy, but it is living fine with the assassin for a year now!!)
1 Assasin Snail with 3 tiny babies
1 Oto (adding few more soon)
1 Yamato shrimp
2 CPO'S
1 Random baby guppy

Some Videos:

33 Gallon Long Planted Tank Update #1

33 Gallon Long Planted Tank Update #2

Latest update... :

Comments?
Likes?
Dislikes?
Thoughts?
All input is welcomed.....

:)

stonedaquarium

AC Members
Jun 6, 2011
nice tank... wished i had more space or had a bigger tank like yours. ever considered adding carpeting plants to the foreground...? like your stump on the right side of your tank... looks like the mosses are growing well :)

Kevin2k11

AC Members
Jul 6, 2011
nice tank... wished i had more space or had a bigger tank like yours. ever considered adding carpeting plants to the foreground...? like your stump on the right side of your tank... looks like the mosses are growing well :)
:) hehe thx

I have some dwarf hairgrass in the front and in front middle i have some dwarf baby tears, they are growing kinda slow.. not sure why.. but i'll update when they fill in a bit more! :D

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
great job, what a change from the 20!;)

only criticism

it looks great, especially how you heavily planted on the left, and tried to balance it out using the middle and right, but the right needs a bit more or the center does. Otherwise great aquascape:)

Kevin2k11

AC Members
Jul 6, 2011
i love the tank!!! where do you get a 33 gallon tank?

I got mine at Big Als... :p Might have to get it custom ordered...

great job, what a change from the 20!;)

only criticism

it looks great, especially how you heavily planted on the left, and tried to balance it out using the middle and right, but the right needs a bit more or the center does. Otherwise great aquascape:)
Thanks will def take it into consideration when I rescape!

EmilyMarie85

AC Members
Aug 16, 2010
Boise, ID
Real Name
Emily
That tank is pretty awesome, never seen a 33g long before -- love it!

Kevin2k11

AC Members
Jul 6, 2011
I would spread out the wood more, maybe use a piece to break up the mini-jungle of plants on the left side...and then let the right side fill out the space more with the plants...JMO

oh ty... i really wish i hadnt plant everything down!! shifting might be hard work.. I think I might shift the right side over to left a bit and maybe go find a nice drift wood for the left side... not sure what type I should get thou as far as shape.. original i had a tree stump I put ont he left side didnt look good so i just kept it plants...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store