Oranda with chronic bloating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Reframer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Minnesota
My beautiful calico oranda had been floating upside down for awhile. I tried different flake and pellet foods and this continued and worsened with every feeding. I started feeding frozen food exclusively and now he is totally fine. Anytime I feed flake (even good quality like Omega One), he floats upside down.
So I'm wondering if anyone feeds frozen exclusively? I feed a variety pack that has fortified mixture of proteins and vegetables.
They seem to being doing ok with this but I'm not sure how this will go long-term. I can feed fresh veggies too but I guess flakes and pellets are not options any more.
Guess this fish has to be gluten-free.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Fancy goldfish shouldn't be eating flakes really. This could be an internal infection, I have a orlanda who had an internal problem and I think I have sorted it now. Don't feed for 3 days and then give them peas to see if that stops the problem.
Tony

Reframer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Minnesota
yeah, I have done that and it helps somewhat. as soon as he has flakes again it comes right back so as to lead me to think it is the flakes. What else do people feed fancies beside frozen food? I don't think I've got the guts to grow my own live food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store