Can someone identify this skin disease?? Red spots / underskin exposed... (pictures)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

caykuu

AC Members
Jul 28, 2011
(created another forum, new dangerous topic :s )
Same guppy, I moved him to a hospital tank ... actually a large bowl... He has been acting increasingly lethargic, wriggling in one place.. great head movement from side to side .. Likes to either stay at the surface of the water in a corner, or sit at the bottom of the tank. I'm suspecting he will die anytime now.
The problem is that I ordered a group of guppies online last week. They are arriving tomorrow. Now this is a major problem ... please help me identify this disease, and how to clean/treat the 10 gallon tank he used to be in so the new guppies don't get this disease and all die off. (So far I think it's either ulcer from high ammonia, or a fast-spreading parasite...)
As you can see, he also has dark marks on his fins... not sure if this is ANOTHER disease. I hope not contagious too.
EDIT: I NOW see he also has a long shred hanging from his left fin... fin rot?
Here are pictures I took.
DSC01094.JPGDSC01093.JPG

DSC01094.JPG DSC01093.JPG

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
looks like he just scraped off some scales to me? if there are any decor that he can squeeze through remove it as he may get stuck, use only larger openings decor

caykuu

AC Members
Jul 28, 2011
Don't think so ... he now has clear fin rot, with a part of his tail bleeding along the edges. :\

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store