Badly injured koi

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kaurushin

Kaoru
Apr 30, 2010
A very hot place @___@!
This koi is still young, and he was with other koi but I noticed he was acting sluggish so I took him out only to find that he may have been attacked by something. I'm worried if he'll be able to recover. His wound is terrible and I see fungus on his wound and is exposing his flesh in some places. I'm posting a picture. Any help is appreciated. I'm more worried about healing him than what caused it at this point.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Well, do you have raccoons? What else do you have...[do you have a pond or??] that could of gone after him?
Got him in a tank alone w/a bit of salt to start?

kaurushin

Kaoru
Apr 30, 2010
A very hot place @___@!
I'm pretty sure I dont, if anything it was a heron of some sort because of the reservoir near the house, but I could care less about it now since that can be easily fixed. I've got him in a small tank with some salt for the meantime. Dont know what to do now since all the shops outside are closed and I'm not even sure if, being this injured, I can still nurse him back to health or not.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
was he a new arrival?

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Have any fungus meds to give him? I'd start that. I had a 4in goldfish that got most of it's scales, fins, tail chewed off and he is doing great now. Clean water and time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store