20 Gallon Stocking ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kiddevo

AC Members
Sep 7, 2010
Moving the goldies out of the 20g into a larger tank. Before i do that, I want to be ready with stock to replace them in the 20.... Any ideas? Want to stay "non-heated" The tank is in a basement so wont get too hot or "that cold". I know some minnows will be good. Anything else? Barbs?

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
id do pygmy sunfish or killifish in a species only tank
that would be borinng IMO. the tanks arent as much fun if you cant fit variety in the stocking, especially if hte single species is tiny. im fine with big fish specis tanks, and badis, but not really much else.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
that would be borinng IMO. the tanks arent as much fun if you cant fit variety in the stocking, especially if hte single species is tiny. im fine with big fish specis tanks, and badis, but not really much else.
hey killifish arent boring!!! so you're saying bettas are boring? these guys are alot like bettas once they find out that you're the one feeding them. mine bit my finger!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
hey killifish arent boring!!! so you're saying bettas are boring? these guys are alot like bettas once they find out that you're the one feeding them. mine bit my finger!
no i like bettas, i was trying to get on a species tank with fish that small would be a waste of space.

Mr.Catfish

AC Members
Apr 6, 2010
NW Ohio
Their are many small native species that would do well in a 20 gallon tank. Pygmy sunfish,many different shiners,darters, least killifish,pygmy killifish,blue fin killifish,banded sunfish,orangespotted sunfish, and many more. Do a little searching for native fish and you will find many colorful fish that will work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store