"Centerpiece" fish suggestions for a 46 gal mixed reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Post up your suggestions for some bright, flashy, peaceful "centerpiece" fish that would fit well in a 46 gallon mixed reef. I have softies, nems, SPS, and LPS

There are no other fish at this time to take into consideration. I have a single Fire clown but she is getting her own set up and will not be moving to my new 46. I do however definitely want a Starry blenny in my new tank. I have a system of tunnels built out of PVC hat are buried in the substrate of my 30 gal that I will be moving to the 46 gal (same footprint.) I had originally set the tunnels up for a Blue Spotted jawfish, but have never purchased one, yet. I don't know if my tank is big enough for them to be compatible...

This tank will be lightly stocked because my focus is on my corals and inverts.

Another FYI - I won't be stocking the tank for a couple of months. Just going to let the corals grow and the rock mature for awhile longer (started with mostly dry rock although it has livened up very very well.) Price will not be much of a deciding factor - I am looking to spend about $3-400 total and as much as $150 on my centerpiece fish, more if I decide I REALLY want something lol.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Gorgeous, both of them, thanks for adding the pictures!

Keep them coming!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Almost forgot... midas blenny is a flashy one, but not really a center piece fish because it can stay in a hole in rocks for a large portion of the day.

Potter's Angels are also nice but can be hit or miss around corals.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
My mother used to have a Midas, he was pretty cool and actually quite active but him and the Starry blenny did not get along well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store