I love my LFS!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Like the title says, I love my LFS! Over the last few months they have brought some GREAT fish in! If I had the space, I would jump on so many of these! It is the last freshwater shop in my area (3 or 4 saltwater) and I just love this place! It's loud because of all the running water and they have their fare share of water spots but it's real. Real people who actually care about the fish they sell and actually care about the people they sell them to! It's famly run and they have been keeping fish for years. The older gentleman who works there (his wife owns the shop) tells stories of when he was a kid and went to the fish store with his spare change to go buy some fish every time I'm in. It just makes me feel welcome. I wish they carried some more nano fish, but if you have a big tank and want some different fish, this place is great! Their display tanks are SWEET! Right as you walk in the door they have a 600 gallon hexagonal African Cichlid tank. They have a pair of discus that must be a foot long (and tall)! Every fish is healthy and if they aren't, they won't sell them. They also won't make you buy something that won't work in your tank. It's so refreshing to get away from people trying to push fish on you that either get too big or are not compatable. I can't wait to go back!

http://trilbytropicals.com/AboutUs.htm

So who else out there loves their LFS?!?!

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
WOW!! It looks like a great LFS. I wish I could find one like that!!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Yeah, there need to be more stores like this... We used to have another good one but they closed because a couple chain stores opened up down the street. Too bad because it was a nice shop...

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Foot long Discus? Were you in a fish store or just out fishing?!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Foot long Discus? Were you in a fish store or just out fishing?!
Ok a little bit of an exaggeration, but these two are HUGE. By far the biggest discus I have ever seen.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Looks like a great place!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
That store looks awesome, i wish it wasnt like two and half hours away lol, im in the Dayton area.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
See... I wonder if they ship, the only good LFS near me was captain nemos, and they aren't fish only, they've expanded into birds and ther critters... still have great selection and a few people who care (not as much as I would like though).

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
That store looks awesome, i wish it wasnt like two and half hours away lol, im in the Dayton area.
If you have a big tank and need some exotic fish, it would be worth the trip! Every time I go, it pushes me closer and closer to buying a big tank for the Gymnogeophagus "Blue Valentines". Oh, how good they look!

See... I wonder if they ship, the only good LFS near me was captain nemos, and they aren't fish only, they've expanded into birds and ther critters... still have great selection and a few people who care (not as much as I would like though).
I know they ship dry goods but I don't think they ship fish. But who knows, they might work something out for ya. Shoot 'em an E-mail!

Man, I wish there was more FW in Georgia. :( I'm stuck with the chain stores.
For a long time, I had no clue this place was here but I am so glad I found it!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store