tank controllers - Who uses them.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Reefkeeper 2 because it was given to me.. and a Reef Angel because I like to have full control over my controller and not rely on the Mfg to fix bugs/add things in a timely manner, but the Reef Angel is not for the novice, it takes a computer programmer to configure it. I would recommend the Apex Jr. for the majority of people today that want to get their first controller, although you would already need an expansion module because just your lights take up 4 plugs potentially.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
I have the reefkeeper lite from digital aquatics. Thing works like a gem, and they have real good customer service. 4 plugs for 100 dollars to do just about anything you need them to is completely worth it.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Except hook up to the internet, view parameters on a smart phone, control things like lights, etc.. The RKL does come with a pH probe though, something you need to add on to the Apex Jr, but the Apex has ethernet built in, which is quickly becoming the "must have" feature for anyone buying a controller today. Reefkeeper Lite was the best for a budget controller last year, I can't say it still holds the title this year though.

Conski, wanted to mention something off topic, on that last video in Guillo's tank thread, in the middle of the tank, you can see 2 giant Spongodes colonies, that is where the one I gave you came from. ;)

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
Reefkeeper is nice to have but the two items i can't live without is an tunze ATO and an Auto doser

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Except hook up to the internet, view parameters on a smart phone, control things like lights, etc.. The RKL does come with a pH probe though, something you need to add on to the Apex Jr, but the Apex has ethernet built in, which is quickly becoming the "must have" feature for anyone buying a controller today. Reefkeeper Lite was the best for a budget controller last year, I can't say it still holds the title this year though.

Conski, wanted to mention something off topic, on that last video in Guillo's tank thread, in the middle of the tank, you can see 2 giant Spongodes colonies, that is where the one I gave you came from. ;)
You should see the 5 huge colonies of the spongodes you gave me. Im redoing my tank.. :) Thread Build will be up in the next weeks!. Hope to see everyone in there bashing me

zambono

AC Members
Dec 28, 2010
so the consensus is that the Jr. is the way to go for the first?

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
The Apex Jr is a good one to start with. I have the Reefkeeper Lite. It works great but the Apex Jr. has the internet features built in. I love having a controller...

rogersb

AC Members
Apr 9, 2008
Can someone tell me what these things actually do? My lights are on a $5 timer, my ato has its own on/off floats, and my heater is underpowered so it cannot fry my tank. What are the benefits?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store