newly setup with rescap

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
Hi this is my 36 gal just experimenting with this scape. This is the first time I have used driftwood ...I find that I really really like it . I am soon getting a 200 gallon tank and this has helped me decide I'm going to go fully planted with lots of driftwood. so yes this tank is small for the species I have in it but it wont be long until they are re-homed. The clown knife would surely not be happy in this tank lol. I almost bought the big tank from my lfs today but I have a gut feeling I'm gonna see a deal on craigslist soon. Times are tight and tanks are some of the first to go when people get hard up. :evil_lol:ac1.jpg

ac1.jpg

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
yea its a tad on the small side for them but the three Bala sharks i think can reach 13 inches and the clown knife can get 36 i think. Sure they can live in there but it would be like my fat arse living in a closet the rest of my days lol I would not be happy

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Nice, I love seeing big tanks with plants! So make sure you post pictures when you do it. :) Smart move waiting for a deal on CL, they are definitely out there and especially with big tanks. You want to pull the anubias plants out of the gravel enough so that their rhizomes are exposed or else they will rot, their roots can stay in the gravel though.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
I have a gut feeling I'm gonna see a deal on craigslist soon. Times are tight and tanks are some of the first to go when people get hard up. :evil_lol:
HERE HERE!!! :thm:

great DW btw!

CanFor Holm

AC Members
Jul 11, 2011
beautiful angel. looks almost identical to one of mine. and i too am looking to upgrade very soon

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
how do i keep the anubias down theres not much root to them yet

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
on the wood: rubber bands, fishing line, black sewing thread

in the gravel: i'd tie them to a small rock and shove that into the gravel

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Looks pretty nice :).

I think you'll find that both you and your fish enjoy the driftwood.

steffish

AC Members
Apr 18, 2006
Watch out, driftwood can be addictive. LOL Next thing you know, you'll be looking for your nearest river & eyeing up the trees in your yard. :idea:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store