filter choices

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aclarino

AC Members
Jun 6, 2011
I have a 30 long aquarium. I got this tank off craigslist and it came with a broken Tetra EX70. The main tube was broken but I fixed it with some aquarium silicone. This morning the tube broke again but now its unfixable. I have an old aqueon 20 or 30 on it right now, but the impeller is busted on it and it stops periodically (Another Craigslist investment lol). The only fish in the tank is a GSP. I cant decide, I am thinking in investing in either a Aquaclear 50 or 70 or a Penguin 350B. Any suggestions?​

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Like the aquaclears myself. Easy to maintain and easy to customize media. But in fairness have never used a penquin.

SubluxT7

Biology Major
Jul 29, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
Real Name
Sandra
Ive used both..i prefer the aquaclear simply b/c i find them much quieter than the penguins IMO (plus I like the way they are set up).

aclarino

AC Members
Jun 6, 2011
okay. thanks for the feedback. I will probably go with the aquaclear 70 since I know my little guy is very messy.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
the ac 70 is fine but if you want cleaning power you might want to got with a zoomed mini canister or a small fluval

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store