my new clown tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishman2000

AC Members
Feb 14, 2004
new york
Visit site
hi i just got him today without any research you see i live almost 2 hours from the closest fish store so when i get there i kinda gotta take what they have but after i got home i went to see what info there was out there and found that they are very difficult to keep is this true and what can i do to lessing the chance of it dying?

Last edited:

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
They are EXTREMELY difficult to keep. I tried one and was unsuccessful. Maybe something you should do since your lfs is so far away is research what fish will work in your tank first, then call the store to see if they have that in and if they don't place a special order. This way you are sure the tank you have will work. What size tank is he in? They require a tank full of live rock with tons of grazing oppurtunities. They also require a ton of water movement as to mimic where they live in the wild. And absolutly pristine water quality. This is true for all Tangs but in paticular this species. I am keeping several Tangs right now ranging from Sohals and Powder Blues to Blues and Sailfins. I provide these three requirements and so far they are all doing great. I would try and start with this and also use some algae either by Julian Sprung and Ocean Nutrition are the most common and if you can get all three flavors (red, green, brown/purple) that would be best. Try feeding once a day with that and then feed again with some other frozen food like Formula One, Formula Two, etc. Also btw, when this Tang grows towards its 15 inch adult they become extremely aggressive towards any kind of fish. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck with him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store