Steatocranus Tinanti

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Tank: 40 gallon tall

Temp : 80o

Filters: cascade 300, random 60 gallon hob filter, Marinland in tank spongfilter/powerhead

Inhabitants:6 wild caught Tinanti "slender buffalo heads" 7 paradise fish (grow outs ..soon to be down to 4) 3 female bettas (couldn't get along in a smaller tank ) about 4 brig snails..ramshorn snails, mts, and nirate snails.

Plants; java moss, anubia, pennywort, and bba :p (though i don't mind it)

I ran across these fish at my LFS...they had been there for some time with out much interest from most people... I LOVE bottom dwellers and these guys are so active and communal, it appears i have at leaste 2 males.. maybe 3 so i might of gotten lucky and have 3 males and 3 females.

About an hour after i turn the lights on each day they all gather on the rocks and logs together and make a puppy pile...rubbing on each other and jumping around all together..than break off to mill around the tank..every few hours they get together and rub on each other...LOVE for this little amusing fish!!!. Ill try to get the puppy pile mess on video soon.. Its hard seeing that if i get near the tank they think im feeding them and break off to beg for food.

My camera recently went out on me..so video is all you get for now ^_^
(another longer video is downloading atm...will be up soon)
[YT]h4_TfjD8VOvY[/YT]

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
[YT]MMMfj9eOpQQ[/YT]

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
not allot of love for these oddballs huh? oh well i love them!

Ill update with pics soon as I borrow a good camera..maybe tomorrow

they are currently eating live black worms, wiggler baby cons, frozen blood worms, frozen glass worms, frozen brine shrimp, and omega one cichlid flakes.

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
They are soooo cool! That'd be reallllyyy cool if you could get that "puppy pile" on camera. :D Good find.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
They are soooo cool! That'd be reallllyyy cool if you could get that "puppy pile" on camera. :D Good find.
yeah i have been trying...but every time i get the camera and go to the tank they stop and start begging for food :p...bouncy little brats.

Have buffalo heads too but mine are casaurius, great lil fish just love them!!
yeah i have seen the casaurius in a few LFS around here ..never seen these guys before this group, love bottom dwellers

they are like gobies but they are cichlids! awesome!
exactly!! and more active than most gobies/sculpin than i have seen ^_^..never really was in to cichlids until i found these guys.

hmm looks like the first video never showed?.....here it is again Im borrowing a good camera tonight so i should be able to get some better shots.
[YT]4_TfjD8VOvY[/YT]

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
nice little update shot..playing with new cam.
also new scaping.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
[YT]u908oeqX9WI[/YT]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store