2011 Potomac Snakehead Tournament

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2005
VA-DC-MD
http://www.whackfactoroutdoors.com/

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION
Open to Hook and line and Bow Fishing. Participants can fish anywhere on the tidal Potomac in Maryland and/or Virginia.The tournament is open to anyone with a valid Maryland or Virginia Fishing license.
A percentage of the tournament profits will be donated to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources to help fight invasive species in the Potomac River watershed.
CASH AND PRIZES
Heaviest Fish and Overall Total Weight
All participants must read and agree to the Tournament Rules and Regulations and sign the Liability Release.
TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEE
$40.00 per person for advanced on-line registration on or before September 1, 2011 (SAVE $10!)
$50.00 for walk-up registration on September 2, 2011, from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. (Cash or Check only)
EVENT SCHEDULE
View the full Schedule of Events
2750 Sweden Point Road
Marbury, Maryland 20658
GUEST SPEAKERS
Joseph W. Love, Ph.D. Tidal Bass Manager, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
Joshua J. Newhard, Fisheries Biologist, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
GUEST CHEF
Chad Wells, Executive Chef, Alewife, Baltimore, MD
Chef Wells is an avid angler and has been known for his creative utilization of Snakeheads to help educate the dining audience on its great flavor. He believes that eating Snakeheads is a commercially viable plan to fight this invasive species. Chef Wells will prepare a tasting for our tournament participants, so don't miss this awesome treat!
TOURNAMENT GOALS
The team at Whackfactor Outdoors created the Potomac Snakehead Tournament to achieve the following goals:

• Promote the sport fishing of snakeheads to reduce the population of these fish in the Potomac and its tributaries.
  • Raise public awareness of snakeheads as a high quality, commercially viable, food source.
  • Support the Maryland Department of Natural Resources in its efforts to combat invasive species throughout the Potomac River watershed.
For more information about Whackfactor Outdoors, please visit our website at: www.WhackfactorOutdoors.com. For questions about the tournament, please contact Austin Murphy, Whackfactor Outdoors, Pro-Staffer.

unseenone00

AC Members
Sep 30, 2011
Maryland
Real Name
Nick
I actually live here on the Piscataway Bay on the Potomac river and im a very avid fisherman/fly fisherman ... However I did not take place in the tourney. I have though caught 2 snakeheads on the fly and 2 by snagging with spinning gear. Good Eats! I tried for awhile to catch a small one for a tank even though it is illegal now I believe (No chance I would let it go again!)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store