Cichlid feeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

poqwieu

Registered Member
Aug 24, 2011
I currently feed my pair of electric yellow cichlids 2 times a day... Once in the morning when I get up(usually 8-9 am) and once before bed(usually 10-11 pm). Since it's kind of a long time between feedings should i feed them again in the middle of the day or will they be ok on the schedule they are on now?
Since this is my first time keeping cichlids i want to get everything right, so this probly sounds like im paranoid!

Manafel

AC Members
Oct 10, 2011
Tulsa, OK
Real Name
Kayla
The feeding really just depends on a lot of factors. I personally feed my africans in my 75 gallon twice a day if I can because they are still growing. I feed them New Life spectrum first in the evening(around 10am) and then I feed a mix of frozen blood worms and Mysis shrimp at around 8pm

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
I feed my Tanganyikan tank three times a day now and I am doing water changes to try to promote breeding. Seems to have helped in the past.. But generally, you dont need to feed them more than once a day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store