Fish room update-always a work in progress

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
I couldn't remember when I last posted up about my fish room so figured I would. Earlier this summer, I had considered building a fish building on my property, but with the economy as unstable as it is, i have decided to revamp my fishroom instead. These pictures will serve as my "before" shots and I will update it as I work on it further.

Here is the "main" wall of tanks. Its mostly 75s on the bottom, 55s in the middle, and 20 longs on top wiht a few random extra tanks thrown in for good measure. You can also sort of see my rack of 20 longs and the 230g.
fishroom main wall.jpg
fishroom big tank.jpg

Here is the view of where I do my shipping (long black lab counter on the left) and another set of my original racks on the right.
fishroom shipping station.jpg
The view facing out from near the shipping station:
fishroom back view from panel.jpg

This half of hte room needs to be redone desperately. I am going to be adding two more rows of racks.
fishroom wall to be done.jpg
fishroom steps.jpg

I am also going to redo all my airline. Right now, I just have draining ports (the pvc visible at the bottom of the room) in half the room as well. That will be finished to have a port for draining tanks at every rack. I also may seal the floor though that is not a priority. As you can also see, I have some "creative" lighting. Eventually I will have tidier lights as well, lol. Regardless, its a decent space that just needs to be tidied up to look better. :)

I use a central air pump to power the filters. All the lights are on a central timer. I have both light boxes (outlets) and power outlets every 4' in the fishroom at the ceiling line.

We use a UV and sediment filter on our water as it comes into the house as well.

Hope you enjoy our little peek into my chaos!

fishroom main wall.jpg fishroom back view from panel.jpg fishroom shipping station.jpg fishroom steps.jpg fishroom wall to be done.jpg fishroom big tank.jpg

Amante_di_Betta

Anubias Harlet
May 21, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Real Name
Gary
:headbang2: looking good Rach! Can't wait to see what it morphs to. Because when I came down it was immaculate!

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
Love it!! Your fish room looks better than my LFS!!

tonergirl

AC Members
Sep 22, 2008
I could just see myself sitting in that chair, staring into those tanks for hours. :) Looks good now...can't wait to see the updated version!!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Looking good, lady!

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Rachel! That is amazing. I would love all that room to work in. Can you tell me how you store, clean, disinfect? your nets? Do you store them dry or wet? I am always worried that I am going to transfer something from one tank to another. Do you have assigned nets and buckets, etc. for your tanks?

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Meh....it looks better in person. :D

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
Rachel! That is amazing. I would love all that room to work in. Can you tell me how you store, clean, disinfect? your nets? Do you store them dry or wet? I am always worried that I am going to transfer something from one tank to another. Do you have assigned nets and buckets, etc. for your tanks?
I have about a hundred MILLION nets, well, maybe more like 200. The two buckets on the floor by my shipping station are full of a dilute bleach mixture that I change out every few days. As soon as I use a net once, it gets put into that bucket for the day then gets hung up to dry completely before I use it again. Same goes for siphon hoses and dip and pours (specimen containers), I have dozens that I use to try and not cross contaminate. They are all bleached in between uses and hung up to dry completely before re-using. So far, so good!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store