Sick Gouramis...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

liana

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
ok everyone, i have another question!

Just over a week ago, i noticed my 2 pink kissing gouramis were getting tiny little white spots on them, so i looked it up and began treatment with ICKaway. So far, they are the only two in the tank showing these symptoms, but after a week, the treatment doesn't seem to have helped and the gouramins have more white spots on them, including on their eyes...they've also now decided to rest at the bottom of the tank all day, sitting dead still. However they swim fine when they do a lap of the tank or come up for air and food, so i'm just wondering if white spot is the only problem with these gouramis or should i be looking for something else as well?

The tank is 165litre or 43g with live plants and ornaments and i've done two water changes in the past week.

Darwins_Dog

AC Members
Nov 15, 2007
Newmarket, NH
The treatment for ick (or ich) doesn't actually treat the parasites that they already have. It kills the spawn that are swimming in the water column. Eventually those white spots will drop off and release the larvae, and your treatment will kill those. It could be that the new spots are organisms that were already there and just too small to see

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store