Cobalt Aquatics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Saw an add for Cobalt Aquatics in the latest issue of AFI. Went to their website and all I saw was a big logo, no stock list or anything, looked like a pretty good quality product to me but I can't find anything on the web. Anybody know anything about this company?

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Anybody got information on how to get a stocklist or anything?

MChambers

AC Members
Jun 5, 2009
Washington DC
All I know is that company had a booth at the ACA convention in Silver Spring, Maryland last month. I talked to one of the reps, who gave me a small can of their cichlid flakes. The food is supposedly probiotic, which in this instance means that it has spores of beneficial bacteria in it. I've just started using it in one of my tanks.

I'm not at all sure how I'll know if it's better than other food.

Other than that, I know no more than you about the company.

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
All I know is that company had a booth at the ACA convention in Silver Spring, Maryland last month. I talked to one of the reps, who gave me a small can of their cichlid flakes. The food is supposedly probiotic, which in this instance means that it has spores of beneficial bacteria in it. I've just started using it in one of my tanks.
They had a bunch of pond stuff like filters at the ACA. I am not sure about their contact info/price list.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Thanks everybody for the help. Mgamer I think your probably right, this is the first advertisement I have ever seen for this company so it probably is new.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
If you Google cobalt aquatics and look at the cached view, there is info about it...it looks like they have taken their website down temporarily. They're probably going to revamp it, is my guess.

According to the ads in the fish mags, this company is supposedly going to carry a full line of equipment and fishkeeping accessories, as well as food. Methinks they have bitten off more than they can chew...

And what's the deal with no free samples?! I believe the "Grab the Gold" program Xtreme launched helped them immensely (you got online, requested a sample to be sent to an LFS in your town, picked it up with your name on it, and they sent extras that the LFS could pass on to other customers)

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
My LFS had their entire stock (all filters, food, etc.) this week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store