Would 80 degrees be ok for this tank?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cab395

AC Members
Aug 28, 2011
I'd like to keep GBR, Cory cats, and Harlequin rasboras in my tank. I want to keep it at around 80 for the GBR, but I want to make sure it isn't too hot for the Harlequin's. I have been reading they like 77 at most. Any input would be great. Thank you!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I have kept all those at 80-82 without any difficulties. It does depend on which kind of cories as some are heat intolerant. I think the pandas do the worst at higher temps...but don't take my word for that. I ahve always had bronze, albino and sterbais.

cab395

AC Members
Aug 28, 2011
Thank you! :)

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
I too tend to keep my tanks at close to 80. I set the AC in the house at that temp as well, this is all in an attempt to avoid massive fluctuations in the temp as desert heat gets quite high during the summer days.

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
I keep bronze and emerald cories, as well as copper rasboras, in my planted discus tank @ 84F. They all do well, and have for many months (1 & 1/2 years for the Cories). Remains to be seen whether this temp will result in they're not living as long as they might at lower temps, however - we'll see.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store