trading my 55 for a 90?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
ok i have this guy on craigslists that has a 90 for sale or trade, he has the following fish in the 90 though:

two panda corys, two zebra danios, one redtailed shark. two cory cats, three Plecos, two bala sharks, and one angel fish

the corys, red tail, zebra danios, and angel would go to my other 55. i dont like plecos and the balas get way to big so they would be going to the lfs.

so would that be a good trade? if so, what would get along with 1 male jack and 1 female con? or i may put the jack and con back in the 75 with the firemouth and start new with the 90, if so, what would you guys do with a 90?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I would stick with the 55 for now, as you need to slow down on the tank rebuilding.

futurevet

AC Members
Jul 18, 2011
Real Name
Hannah
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, as long as it's what you want, I say go for it!
If you were to start over with the 90g, the possibilities are limitless! You could even go SW, or REALLY BIG FRESHWATER (OK nothing too big :) ) Or if you wanted to move your South American cichlids, you could with no problems. Just a warning though, I've seen a few posts from others here on AC, and they're convicts are inbreeding with some of their other fishes.
Wow, 90g...... Great, now I want one! :)
Good luck!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I would do a lake tang tank in a 90. Wow! That would be a great tank for that!!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I would do a lake tang tank in a 90. Wow! That would be a great tank for that!!
I agree. ;)
Large tanks (90G and up) really do make great Tanganyikan displays. Especially if the rockwork is done right.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store