"Unidentified" shrimp from aquabid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jajabinx89

AC Members
Jul 21, 2010
I hope it's okay to cross reference like this from another site, but I am really curious about some shrimp this guy has been selling from aquabid. He's selling them as "unidentified" shrimp (so I can't really do research on them or look them up elsewhere) and I was wondering if anyone here had experience or had heard anything about these guys? Mainly things like how hardy they are and whether they lose their coloring over time.. here's one of the pics of the shrimp:

unshrimp.jpg

Just thought I'd check here, hopefully someone's heard something about them :)

unshrimp.jpg

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
Hey ask rachel, I remember we got a whole shipment of them like 2 or 3 years ago from the sulawessi.. my money is on the 6 banded blue bee

I know what it's not so far:
Caridina lancelata
Caridina ceratirostris
Six Banded Black Bee Shrimp

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
I always just assumed that those guys were particularly nice Indian white banded shrimp.

jajabinx89

AC Members
Jul 21, 2010
Ah Rachel! I just saw you had these for sale in your thread! Are your shrimp showing these types of color morphs or do you think those colors will fade out over time? I'd rather order them from you since I know I'll get good stock ;) Of course I say that but it'll take a while to get my tank the way I want it before I order these guys.. Thoughts on breeding ability?

Sorry for all the questions :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store