Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Anne
    Last Activity
    04-04-2014 10:29 AM
    I will put in an endorsement for Medi-gold. It works like a charm. I keep a stock on hand at all times. It can be fed up to 14 days and has saved more than one of my fish. Evidently, it is quite tasty. Even the sickest of my goldfish has eaten it when it is hand fed and soaked in water. I would recommend keeping a stock for all goldfish keepers ( and no, I am not even getting a free bag of Medi Gold from this )

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    12-19-2012 10:18 PM
    Excellent to hear such a glowing report from one of our goldie experts on the effectiveness and tastiness of MediGold, Somervell.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    The Silver Slanket
    Last Activity
    01-29-2013 5:33 PM
    Thanks for the info, ladies! You know, I actually have a jar of that stuff stashed away somewhere. It's over 2 years old though, so should I get a new one? On a happier note, though the fish don't seem as active in the salted water (maybe lower o2?), the nodules have greatly reduced in size on the kirin. Maybe lymphocystis after all? I'm still leery of the potential for parasites, and will probably go ahead with the quick cure regimen any way. What do you all think?
    Last edited by Inka4040; 09-06-2011 at 8:20 PM.
    "Bladow! Sciences all up in your face parts!"" - Some drunk
    [mellowvision] 9:07 pm: I like to imagine crazy things about him, like "I bet he'll use mountain dew and electricity to revive those dead ghost shrimp he's putting over there."

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Nicole
    Last Activity
    03-29-2014 10:36 AM
    The Quick Cure sounds like a good idea to me, you are doing so many water changes that if the beneficial bacteria does get nuked (as is sometimes a worry with such harsh medication) it wouldn't really affect the water quality much.

How long will you treat for? I am not sure how long it can stay in the water column. I probably wouldn't go longer than a week.

I can't remember if this treatment stains silicone seals, but that is something to watch out for!

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    The Silver Slanket
    Last Activity
    It's meant to be dosed 3 times on 3 consecutive days. Not sure if it requires another treatment a few weeks later. I'll definitely read up on the staining the silicone though. Thanks for the heads up.
    [mellowvision] 9:07 pm: I like to imagine crazy things about him, like "I bet he'll use mountain dew and electricity to revive those dead ghost shrimp he's putting over there."

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    The Silver Slanket
    Last Activity
    So the quick cure seems to have really made a difference. No hint of the lethargy that they had been showing during the salt treatments. One more question, however. I read on line that I could do water changes during the process, but the site specified 30%. I've been doing more along the lines of 50 to 75% as usual. Does this affect the treatment at all? I know the malachite green reacts with light and is only active for a short period, but am I reducing the cumulative effects of the formalin by doing too large of water changes?

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Rachel O'Leary
    Blog Entries
    with formalin, I would absolutely keep doing those large volume water changes. What percentage are you dosing? Supposedly, after a few hours, its efficacy is over and you can do the water change then as its reduces the stress to the fish.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Nicole
    Last Activity
    03-29-2014 10:36 AM
    I agree, the 50-75% water changes are probably helping. I have always done large ones myself since it has always seemed to stress out the fish if left to sit for too long. I don't think Quick Cure has changed its packaging in a long time...you know how in the olden days aquarists were cautioned against large scale water changes. Just a thought!

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Real Name
    Anne
    Last Activity
    04-04-2014 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mel_20_20 View Post
    Excellent to hear such a glowing report from one of our goldie experts on the effectiveness and tastiness of MediGold, Somervell.
    Honestly, Mel, I haven't eaten it myself ( Just realized that my post had a misplaced modifier making it look like I was soaking the FISH in water (recommended) not the Medigold, and possibly eating the food myself!) If you are referring to me as a goldie expert, I fear that you are sadly mistaken, despite my gratitude at your kind words. I just love 'em-- that's all!

Just glad to hear that Inka's fish is doing better. You two are the real goldie experts-- you're great at diagnosis, and he is great with day-to-day goldfish advice. I'm just glad to hear that he finally bit the bullet and got some more goldies!!

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    03-09-2014 1:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SubRosa View Post
    Not always:
    That's why I said tends to be on the fins. Your picture looks more like papilloma than lympho.
    Best Fishes
    David
    www.goldfishgarage.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information