rock flower anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ptankman

Registered Member
Mar 5, 2004
mississippi
Visit site
I have just added a rock flower anemone to my 55gal tank. I also have a condy anemone in the same tank. I feed my condy small chunks of shrimp with great results. The rock flower anemone would not take the shrimp. Anyone have a suggested favorite food for a rock flower anemone?

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
They filter feeds more so than excepting solid foods IMO. I do give them a little brine shrimp juice or a formula 1 cube about a couple times week and they have been going strong for 2 years. I would keep a pretty close eye on the condy though because my $6 condy is now worth about $150 from all the fish/inverts that it's stung to death or eaten. I ended up having to remove it. Also you want to make sure you have enough light for them as well as they harbor zoolante and get a lot of their nutrion from symbiotic alga. also make sure you have good water quality to assure the success of these beautifull animals. You did make a very good choice for a first anemone they are very hardy ,"for anemone."
hth
chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store