i need some guidance

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
I will have a stand that holds 2 29 gallon tanks, the 2 29 gallon tanks, 2 double light fixtures(regular flourescent tubes) for each tank. 2 aquaclear 50's for each tank and 1 visitherm heater for each tank. I am keeping the flourite from the tanks for my new 75 gal. Each tank has a water colors blue background on it.

What is a reasonable asking price for this set up? I don't neccessaily want to give it away, but I'd like to be realistic in my request.
TIA linda

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
I'd say about $120-$150 for everything depending on the age and condition of the equipment. Hard to put a price on the stand without seeing it, but I'm guessing it's an iron stand?

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Depending on your area, I would say about $150 also.

Just to compare, I started at $100 for a 29 gallon tank on an iron stand, two Penguin 150 filters, a fluorescent lighted hood, and an 100 watt Visitherm heater. I settled for $75 and was pretty happy with that price. I was able to turn around and buy a used 55 for $75...no filter, but lighted hoods and an iron stand. So it worked out well!

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Agree, used (small-medium size) tanks are generally priced around $1/gallon. Other used hardware/equipment figure about half the retail price for new, though any used light bulbs and heaters are pretty much a gamble. For that matter, new heaters are a gamble too. I have a growing collection of malfunctioning Stealth heaters that I need to box up and ship back to get a refund for. Planning to heat the whole basement this winter and avoid the heater cooking or shocking the tank issues in the future.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store