cory cats

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
i got 3 Sterbai Cories and 3 Juli cories today... got some sinking veggie rounds from omega one for them...

may main question is i know they like to be in larger groups so would having 3 of each kind accomplish that or would they still want 3 more of each, cause i dont really have enough room for that many more of them

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
They may school but like their own kind. I had the same ratio when I first started out with corys and when I added more of the sterbai, they tended to only school with the sterbai. You may have 2 separate schools which will not be that interesting as having one school.

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
ya i figured they would. but i figured atleast they would appreciate more similar species fish around to make them a little more comfortable.... i just got a 40 g today for the 1 dollar per gallon petco sale... unfortunately i dont have anywhere to put the 40 yet

the 40 is not the tank these fish are in lol just to clarify

Last edited:

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I have 3 albino's, 2 Julii, and 1 peppered. Use to have more Julii and Peppered but they died off, bought the Albino's after hitting a couple stores and striking out finding more Julii and Peppered's. The Albino's stick together, the Julii's stick together and the peppered sometimes tag's along with Julii's or my kuhli's but never with the albino's.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Having 3 of each will be fine. Each group will stay together and be happy that they have 3 of a kind, rather than 1 of a lonely kind. I hate to have one of anything since most fish like to have a companion fish of their own kind to be with. Your cories will be fine. How exciting though to now have the 40G to look forward to filling up!

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
right now its a 20 gal long tank, with medium to highly planted not sure which it would be considered and it also have 8 lemon tetras and 6 head and tail light tetras... yes they will be going into the 40 eventually but will be in the 20 for a another month or 2 probably.... as of right now i dont have stand or a good place to put something as big as the 40, i would like to keep the 20 going as well

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
when i had my 10 various cories (4 bronze, 1 emerald, 2 albino, 2 barbatus, 1 peppered) they sort of all hung out together but i could clearly see the same specied ones sticking closer to their own kind. yours will be fine with those numbers :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store