Mafia 95 - "Mayor's Mansion" (The Play)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
As her limousine sped by on its way out of town, the Mayor noticed the words "Sex, Betrayal, Murder" had been painted over the old "Welcome to ACville" sign. Shaking her head slowly, she let out a deep sigh .

"Someone should do something about that," she muttered to the handsome driver and snapped her make-up case shut.

"Indeed," the driver agreed, not even bothering to ask what the Mayor meant.

"I promise to root out any traces of Mafia from ACville before my term is over."
~ The Mayor.
Mayor's Mansion

Mansion.gif

Wow, the fancy invitation took you by surprise. "As one of ACville's more influential citizens, you have been cordially invited to attend an elegant dinner party tonight at the Mayor's residence." How about that!

Looking forward to the festive event, you arrive at her Victorian mansion looking your best and ready for an exciting time.

Cast of Characters

Mafia Goon - You are a member of the mafia team. You may communicate with your teammates outside the game thread. Each night, the mafia may send me the name of a player to kill. Your group gets one kill per night. If I do not receive the name of your team's victim before night falls, no kill will be performed.

Mafia Boss - You are the "Godfather" of the mafia. Because you are a crafty manipulator, you will appear "innocent" to the detective's investigation the 1st nightfall (one time only). You may communicate with your teammates outside the game thread. Each night, the mafia may send me the name of a player to kill. Your group gets one kill per night. If I do not receive the name of your team's victim before night falls, no kill will be performed.

Detective - You are the town's detective and may investigate one player every night. Mind you, the Mafia Boss is a crafty manipulator. If you investigate the Mafia Boss on Night 1 (only), you will learn that they are "innocent." On any other night, the Mafia Boss' actual role will be revealed to you. If I do not receive the name of the player you wish to investigate before night falls, you will receive no investigation result that night. If you investigate the doctor or the vigilante, they will be able to communicate with you outside the thread.

Doctor - You are the town physician. As such, you may protect one player every night from the mafia hit. You have no protection to offer against the town lynch or the vigilante hit. You may not protect yourself. If I do not receive the name of the player you wish to protect before night falls, no protection will be granted that night. You may communicate with the detective outside the thread only if they investigate you.

Vigilante - You do not believe that the slow and ineffectual method of lynching someone every night will eliminate the mafia. You have one hit you may use any (one) night by sending me the name of one player you wish to kill. If I do not receive the name of your victim before night falls, no vigilante hit will be performed. You may communicate with the detective outside the thread only if they investigate you.

Townie - You have no special powers other than your nightly vote for the town lynch. You may not communicate with any player outside the thread.

The Rules

1. Each game day, everyone in the town has to vote to lynch someone. You vote by posting (in bold), I vote to lynch XXX. (Votes placed that are not bolded will not count.) You may not vote for no one. If you fail to vote, you will die an untimely (and embarrassing) death. If you decide to switch your vote, state in bold you are doing so and place your new vote; e.g., I retract my vote on XXX and vote to lynch XXX.

2. Whoever has the most votes gets lynched. If you have two and everyone else has one vote… you get lynched. If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will use a random generator to decide which of those get lynched.

3. Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances. No one, unless authorized to do so, is to discuss the game outside of the thread. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think town hall rather than internet chat room. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to communicate outside the game thread.

4. You can say whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' with my PM to you. However, please stay "in character," as no role claiming is allowed.

5. Do not edit your posts.

6. No after death posts.

7. All roles will be randomly assigned.

8. If for any reason you need to leave the game, please PM me. Do not post it in the thread. If you post that you quit, do not continue making posts after that. You will die as soon as I see your post. No exceptions; your role will be revealed. It doesn't matter if you later change your mind or recant the quit, you will still die.

9. In the game, you will get accused, grilled, made to look like an idiot, and a hundred other things IN THE GAME. Do not take this personally. Do not make personal attacks against anyone.

10. If you have any questions, PM me. If it's important to all, I'll post it.

Win Conditions

The mafia wins when they outnumber the town. The town wins when all the mafia are dead.

Nighttime Occurrences

Town Lynch
Doctor's Protection
Mafia Hit/Vigilante Hit
Investigation

Nightfalls will be at 9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific time.

SENDING OUT ROLES. PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL I SAY "GAME ON."

Mansion.gif

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
You arrive at the mansion a little late but thoroughly delighted to be here. When you ring the bell at the grand entrance an impassive (but very distinguished) butler welcomes you. Curiously, he leads you through the great hall to a large drawing room where others have gathered and appear to be somewhat puzzled.

The butler makes an announcement: I regret to inform you that her Ladyship was called away on urgent business. She sends her regrets that she'll not be dining with you this evening. He holds up a note and begins reading.
Hello from the Mayor!

First things first, I must admit now that I lied to you. Sorry about that! You were not invited for an extravagant dinner reception because you're all so terribly... influential. Not at all. Rather, I tricked each of you into this, so to speak, for you to solve this dreary mafia business for me.

The mob running wild all over ACville in recent months has proved exceedingly inconvenient for me. And (for some reason) it's attracting the wrong sort of attention to ME as the town's Mayor... well, as well as to our fine city in the eyes of the nation, of course. As I'm quite busy planning my awesome reelection campaign right now, I can't be bothered to actually investigate this Mafia nuisance in ACville. That would be terribly time consuming and I have other pressing matters which demand my personal attention. Therefore, I've decided to leave this whole mess to you.

So there it is. You 21 people happen to be the brightest and most well connected residents in town. Working together, I trust you'll be able to achieve a tidy resolution for me within a short time.

Now with all that out of the way, what you should also know at this point is my invitation list for tonight's "dinner party" included all of the commissioner's prime suspects responsible for the increasing organized crime activity. Each of them are present in this very room with the rest of you. Use your best judgment to determine who among you is most suspicious and eliminate them all... one by one.

You will either be successful in this effort or, I'm sorry to say... you will die trying. Very sorry about that too, of course, but it needs to be done.

Outraged, a guest jumps to his feet and exclaims, "This is crazy! Who does she think she is?"

Another voice is heard, "Seriously, he calls the Mayor, '... her Ladyship???'"

Bartholomew raises one hand to quiet everyone down. "Pardon me, if you please. There's more." Reading again:
All necessary precautions have been taken to prevent anyone from departing the mansion until your task is complete and I've given the order to release you. Don't even think about leaving. It will do you no good.

The grounds are secured, doors bolted shut from the outside, windows barred, and so on. By now, all your friends, family, and business associates have been notified with reason for your absence for the next few days. All phone lines have been cut and your cell phones have been deactivated. No one will mount a rescue party to save you.

You should start taking this seriously. It is time now for you to prepare yourselves for the grueling task at hand.

With that, I leave this to you and your collective wisdom. The best of luck to everyone!

Bartholomew and the rest of my staff will see to your most basic needs and supply the lynching rope necessary to carry out this assignment.

Use it wisely!

- The Mayor.

Well, you already knew the Mayor was a scheming, power-hungry, shrew when she used family wealth, prestigious name, and rather illicit behavior to attain her position without even running a crooked election first. But this is a complete shock!

How DARE she take us captive like this?!?!

~ : ~ : ~ : ~ : ~

The Players

Starring (in diabolical order):

Jpappy
Wizard
Zaffy
JB
Piranha
AAF
DD
Labby
Rich
Ninja
Spencer
Lady G
MC
Mad
UN
Rbishop
Dawg
Bally
Chill
Noods
FF

Nightfall will be Saturday at 9pm Eastern (6pm Pacific).

GAME ON!

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
sSig_wootwoot.gif

Game on!

sSig_wootwoot.gif

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
So I guess even though Chill posted first I am the official first.

party-smiley-048.gif

party-smiley-048.gif

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Official... Meh.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008