cory food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
i got some omega one veggie tabs for them... seems like they may be to big for my cories, they went over to them but didnt really do anything with them, and it doesnt seem like they are really interested in the tropical flake on te bottom either...

if they arent eating it quickly should i just pull it out of there ??

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i'd feed them and leave it in there for about half a day, to see if they eat or not. might be a new food for them that they aren't familiar with and it could take a little while for them to realize it's food. the cories, you just got them?

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
I feed before lights out and if anythings left in the morning take it out, my guys usually goto work on the food as soon as it hits bottom though.

MichiganMan

AC Members
Sep 21, 2008
I feed three different types of sinking pellets, two are "meaty" and one is algae-based. Between the corys, shrimp, and snails, they all get wiped out post haste. Sometimes it takes a bit for the pellet to soften enough for the corys to go to work on it.

koldsoup

AC Members
Jan 12, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
Real Name
Kevin
In my experience cories eat just about anything that goes into the tank. I feed mine mostly crushed pellets and catfish sticks and sometimes veggie wafers.

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
My cories loved algae wafers. I just broke a tiny piece off for them, and they went wild for it.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
i got some omega one veggie tabs for them... seems like they may be to big for my cories, they went over to them but didnt really do anything with them, and it doesnt seem like they are really interested in the tropical flake on te bottom either...

if they arent eating it quickly should i just pull it out of there ??

Give it some time. It's probably too hard at first, and if it's a new thing for them, they may not recognize it as food. I typically leave wafers in over night, and they're gone come morning. Granted, I don't have cories currently, but I have in the past.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store