Angel tank mates in a 60gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
I have a 63 gallon tank and my girlfriend and I are looking into getting angels. She would like to have tetras in the tank, I have read conflicting things on if they are suitable for each other?.... Plus we would like a pleco in the tank. What stocking do ppl suggest?

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
6 angels, 10 medium sized, not nippy, tetras (rummy nose, ember, etc.) and a bulldog pleco or bristle nose pleco. Or maybe you could do a bigger pleco, but idk.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
my 50 gal has a Flash Panaque Sp. L204, White seamed starlight ancistrus L183, 4 angels, 10 pricilla tetras, 15 corys mostly paleatus, and fistfuls of various snails. they all get along real well...that being said i used to have about 150 guppy fry from before i relocated the adults and they all went bye bye in about 48 hours. So i think the rule is, unless its super fast and/or the angel has always lived with it, if it fits in the mouth, it gets eaten.

EDIT: Also add lots of plant cover and caves, and hidey places in general, it'll keep the angels from being so tempted to kill stuff all the time.

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
My 55g stocking is...

4 Angelfish
1 male betta
5 rummynose tetra (soon to be 12)
12 corys
2 BN plecos
1 bolivian ram
3 red spot nerites

Hope that gives you some ideas. Rummynose and cardinal tetras are great with angels. As for a pleco bristlenose is the way to go, they stay small and are nice and peaceful.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
So 4/5 angels
12 tetras
12 cory cats
1 bn pleco
Would be spot on?
Tony

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
my 55 gallon planted tank with a gorgeous long finned angel in it had the following tankmates with no issues at all:

1 bristlenose pleco
4 longfinned rosy barbs
10 various cories (bronze, emerald, albino, barbatus, peppered)
1 albino rainbow shark
1 black ruby barb
3 rose danios
5 zebra danios
a whole bunch of apple snails (briggs)
a boatload of ramshorn snails

when you have multiple angels in one tank, you may run into aggression issues when they mature (i originally had another angel living with the longfinned one, but they started fighting so i had to separate them), especially if you get two angels paired up in breeding. be sure to have another tank or somewhere to rehome the additional angels if you see a pair form in your tank, or if aggression escalates too much for the angels to all live together comfortably. the cory and tetra numbers sound perfect, and you could have more than one bn pleco in there as well.

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
when you have multiple angels in one tank, you may run into aggression issues when they mature
Forgot to mention that. BFM knows what she is talking about, i was planning on moving a pair to a 30g once two pair up and try to raise some. But like she said they might start getting nasty and you may have to separate. You could do just one angel that way you don't have to worry about aggression.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Yeah I may only go for four of them so the tank is lowly stocked and will let me have a load of plants and hiding places. I am probably going to only have one BN as I feel that one will be enough really, plus in my opinion and with the problems I have had in the past I would love a tank that is lightly stocked and well maintained. Any other tips?
Tony

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Would it be advisable to just do one exceptionally beautiful one as a focal point?

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
Would it be advisable to just do one exceptionally beautiful one as a focal point?
You would probably be better off that way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store