Pictus catfish info

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vetalmd

AC Members
Jun 7, 2010
I just got a pictus catfish and really like it, but want to know a little bit more about its behavior. Is it better to keep this catfish in a group of 2 or do they do all right by themselves. I have a 40 gallon tank so I believe that I could probably support at least 2 of them. Any other important information I should know about these?

kooter

AquaMan
Dec 14, 2003
Mission, BC
I think they would do alright......it's just suggested that they be in groups. Do you have any other inhabitants at the moment? How long has the tank been set up for?

vetalmd

AC Members
Jun 7, 2010
the tank has been set up running well for over 2 weeks though. I recently moved it so it was set up before then and I transferred the previous inhabitants. I have 6 tiger barbs, 2 crabs, a chinese algea eater and a couple of small guppies.

tabendall

Jun 28, 2008
St. Johns, Michigan
We kept a pair for years in a 55. When they were young, they were always together but when they got older each stayed on their own side of the tank. At feeding time, they quarelled some. You could actually hear them making noises at each other ... was pretty cool! Just a warning that they will eat your guppies when they are larger. They are a peaceful fish but a still a predator. They have large mouths and will eat anything that will fit in their mouths.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store