New Pleco!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
So after finding out what was wrong with my tank set up - I drove down to Jersey and picked up a ALB BN Pleco. Here are some pics! Also any tips and help would be appreciated!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Cool! I got one recently too. Pretty hardy, but an important tip for people who keep plecos, algae is only their main food source when young. After that, they only eat it sometimes.

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
I am, its in the 20g thats been stable for years now. Then when my 30g is stable ill switch him in. They had him marked as a ABN BN but knowing the LFS' here they would mismark him instead of an ABN Longfin BN. He's doing good though, he's not shy at all. He's been swimming everywhere.

Last edited:

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
Yeah sure. He's hiding because I had to turn on the lights to get a picture but I got one good one. Ill try to take more as I can.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Longfin for sure. Also, you hav e a great camera. Wat are you using?

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
Thank you =] . I do believe its a female but I cant be certain but she's having the time of her life getting the algae off the statue. Shes covered every inch of it but the bottom of it. And Im using my Iphone 4 for the pictures lol. Gotta love Apple!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Thank you =] . I do believe its a female but I cant be certain but she's having the time of her life getting the algae off the statue. Shes covered every inch of it but the bottom of it. And Im using my Iphone 4 for the pictures lol. Gotta love Apple!
Ya, because males dont get full bristles till they are a bit older. Youll have to wait to be sure. :)

IPhone 4? Really? I know the hd apple cameras take good video, but mi ithouch 4 takes horrible pics, but it's got an hd camera! Lucky-lol

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
Haha yeah, the phone itself is blah but the camera is nice quality, it gets alot of detail when its not zoomed in. When its zoomed in it loses alot of quality. The first 2 pictures werent zoomed in but the 3rd one was.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store