Another Pleco Question!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
Hi guys, I'm back with another round of questions. I recently put a heater in my tank and set it at 77Degrees to suffice for my Ryukins, Telescopes and Plecos. Recently the pleco has been on the heater - which I'd assume probably isnt good. Right? Also he's on a diet of lettuce, wafers and driftwood and his pooping quite alot is that good? Thanks for the help!

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
My plecos always loved heaters when young but once they got older, they stopped. I was always scared about them getting burned but I guess they knew when to stop. Never had a burned pleco. Plecos poop a lot:). Have you tried zucchini? Plecos love zucchini. Not much lettuce though. Don't know why. Mine would ignore the lettuce but the snails sure loved it.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
my juvies were also very attached to the heater...as they mature they like it less and less, by 6 mo they don't even go near it anymore.

dbosman

AC Members
Dec 5, 2010
East Lansing, MI USA
If it is looking for warmth, they learn to get off when the heat goes up.
Quite often they're looking for a place to get out of the light.
Do you have drift wood, or rock work where the pleco might hang out instead of on the heater?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store