Cory skin peeling?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
My wife has two bandit cories in her 10 gallon and we noticed one has what looks like a spot of skin that has peeled off just behind his left gill. He also has a whitish spot on top of his head that looks as if the skin is going to peel and I noticed the other cory is starting to get this same thing. I have been treating the tank with melafix because one of her dwarf gourami's had a small spot on his side that looked like an open wound. I finally removed them to my hospital tank which I just did a 100% waterchange, added some salt and a tablet of Maracyn that treats a symptom similar that says white or grey blotches on the skin. Has anyone ever seen this on their cories? do you know what it is and am I treating it correctly? Kyle

mudvayne

AC Members
Feb 28, 2004
New Hampshire
It m ight be White Spot.:(

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
is white spot fatal to cories? can it be treated? what types of medication should I find? I havn't seen this listed on any of my stuff but I'll look harder. I may make a trip to petsmart today anyway so maybe they'll have something there. thanks, kYle

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store