Tuesday morning pics. Mostly gobies!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
Just a bunch o' gobies with a desperately horny and (so far) unlucky Pearl Gourami. Gosh, he does try hard...

I finally got some good pics of one of my rhinos. I'll start you with them so your expectations can be crushed by the poor quality of what comes after.

I finally figured out how to balance the weird lighting in that tank, so I should have more pics like the above and below in the future.

I have 2 m and 2 f Aussie Desert Gobies. And here's their condo:

I still don't buy that these are the same species. Totally different colors and totally different patterns on the tail. Even a slightly different facial structure. I think the dark guy is an undescribed species.

The semoni looks better each day. He and the female are really healthy.

I love that the rhinos are using the caves I built. These little fish have loads of personality.

This emaciated guy is going to make it, I think. His fins are starting to stand up, and he even chased another goby away from his territory yesterday.

The frustrated gentelman.

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
Very nice!! Is that a moss ball that is flattened out? I like it.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
What is in the third picture? What kind of water flow do you have. I LOVE gobies!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Looking good, dude! That 2nd unidentified "rainbow" is being tentatively labeled pelewensis in the hobby. Not sure how accurate that will end up being in the long run, but it's a starting point.

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
Big Mike, yep! It's been repurposed from my old shimp tank :) They're great little things.
Jackiomy, I think you're probably looking at a Sewellia Lineolata. The flow is described in my Hillstream tank thread in my sig, but in short, it's a powerhead, an oversized filter, and a small pump on the opposite end pointing toward the intake of the other two.
Inka, do you have any links to the pelewensis? I just found the one pic on seriouslyfish, and I'm not sure. This guy's tail is orange, mostly, and since he came with the rest of my rainbows, I doubt he's from Palau. Who knows, though? Wait! More searching has revealed: I think it's S. atratus. Check it: http://akvaforum.no/profile.cfm?id=11669

countrychick

Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Feb 2, 2009
somewhere in the sticks
Very cute...I miss my gobies :headshake2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store