Altolamproloogus calvus (BCWP)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Hey Guys,

It has been a very busy summer for me with work and I haven't spent much time photographing my fish. I had a shipment of F1 calvus earlier this week so I thought I'd take a few photos. I probably had close to 200 fry in this group and now, with Monday's shipment, I am under 50 :eek: I guess it is time to start saving some new born fry again.

In any event, I pulled a group of the larger fry (at 2", I should probably call them juvies instead of fry) and put them in a 10 gallon tank for photography purposes. I got my photos and shipped most of the group on Monday. Here are some "no flash" pictures of them...

Please click on the images to see them "full size"

F1 Altolamproloogus calvus (Black Congo White Pearl)

In addition to having the largest white pearls of any calvus, the BCWP's have a yellow trait that appears on many of their foreheads.
It is hard to say; but, I'd guess that well over 60% of them have yellow foreheads.

I hope you enjoyed the photos :)

Russ

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
:worthy: Those fish look amazing!!

I don't like you right now. I wanted a lake Tanganyka tank but decided it would be to hard to maintain another tank. You are making me kick myself for not doing it. Those fish look so beautiful.

Too bad I can't talk you into another tank: I see you live in Chicagoland???? Hmmm???? That gives me an idea :) I could meet you near the IL/IN border (no shipping charges) ;)

Russ

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Too bad I can't talk you into another tank: I see you live in Chicagoland???? Hmmm???? That gives me an idea :) I could meet you near the IL/IN border (no shipping charges) ;)

Russ
oh so very tempting. My wife is expecting in a couple months so I know I won't have time once our first baby arrives. Maybe once the kids are all out of diapers and stuff. So for now all I can do is watch your updates and drool.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Gorgeous fish!! I just got my first Tangs. Some gold head comps and some yellow head calvus. I am in love! Your pics are what got me really interested in the altos!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store